The problem with this however is that I can't have a fry up without setting myself some sort of grotesque eating challenge, then rolling around for the next two hours clutching my belly and feeling a bit disgusting.
See, and I haven't even given myself hash browns here, just 4 slices of fried bread.
|English Fry up|
A few of my favourite breakfasts are..
|Bacon and cream cheese bagels. all time favourite.|
|Scrambled eggs on brown, latte and freshly squeezed orange juice|
at Oklahoma in Manchester's Northern Quarter
|Fresh fruit, yoghurt & honeycomb|
|HK Muffin minus the bread, champion breakfast|
This weekend i've been wanting to treat myself, i've been ill all week and still feel rough now. This french toast with caramelised bananas feels like it should be a dessert, a plate of sweet, sticky indulgence and is just what I needed to cheer myself up, and like any good breakfast is nice and simple to make.
A cafetiere and 6 music are the recommended serving suggestions.
French Toast & Caramelised Bananas
|French Toast & Caramelised Bananas|
8 slices of soft white bread
Splash of milk
Tsp of ground cinnamon
1 tbsp of soft brown sugar
Knob of butter
Oil for frying
1. Take a small frying pan, add the knob of butter and set to a medium heat, get a large frying pan add oil and also set to a medium heat.
2. Crack and beat your eggs with the splash of milk and cinnamon.
3. Slice your bananas and add to the small frying pan and leave to fry in the butter for 2 minutes, then add the brown sugar and leave to caramelise, stirring occasionally on a low heat.
4. Dip each slice of the white bread into the egg mixture, then place in the hot oil and fry until golden on each side. You don't want it to burn so make sure the oil doesn't get too hot, it should take a couple of minutes on each side. You will probably have to do this in 2 or 3 batches.
5. Plate up the french toast, spoon over the caramelised banana and if you're really indulging your sweet tooth some golden or maple syrup. Serve with a slice of lemon.