Friday, 14 December 2012

Barbour Guest Blog Post: Pork Cheek Chilli Ragu

I recently got asked by Barbour to write a guest blog post for them. With all the very wintery weather we've been having recently I thought this 4 hour slow cooked pig cheek ragu was just the thing. 



In life, there are two kinds of people: summer people and winter people. In Britain, summer people are always left tragically disappointed, no matter how hopelessly optimistic they may be. Winter people however have no such worries: Britain was made for the cold, the frost and the occasional snow.

Every year, when the first of September comes around, I get filled with what I like to term ‘Autumn Joy’ and look forward to months of being able to cocoon myself in knits, scarves and knee high socks. The days might be brisk but everything looks prettier; when the piles of crisp brown leaves have long blown away there is the silver tipped icy coating to look forward to.

3 comments:

  1. this sounds amazing! I really want to try it out, I don't think I've ever tried pork cheek.

    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah! You definitely should, they might sound a bit different but pork cheeks are really lovely bits of tender meat, super easy to cook and so cheap, can't go wrong really!

      xxx

      Delete
  2. Nice work thanks a lot. For some fine food and beverage recipes check here www.foodsnearme.com

    ReplyDelete